Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All news and discussions related to Haitian football.

TOPIC: Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 2 months 3 weeks ago #257

It's not clear what you're asking here but Haiti all time scoring leader is Goldman Pierre not Manno Sanon surprisingly. Goldman Pierre / Pierre Goldman name has been written two different ways in the Haitian record book which split his goal scoring total over the years.. but Both are the same player

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 2 months 3 weeks ago #259

We need to be careful with the stats here. Yes, Golman was a good scorer but he didnt play the top teams of CONCACAF much. Most of Golman' s goals were against lowly Caribbean teams. He also did not stay long enough in the national team to really make his mark.

Sanon is another story. Most of his goals are against top CONCACAF teams. Besides remember Sanon did what a real striker should do. He took his team to the world cup.

Peguero is another good striker who I would rank ahead of Golman. Most of his goals are against real competitions. But he comes behind Sanon because while in his prime he failed to take Haiti to even the hex.

Nazon does not yet show the level of scoring skills of Sanon or Peguero but he is getting a lot better at just 23. He failed the first WCQ but he is going to have a chance to redeem himself next year.

Maurice was a decent scorer but besides the two goals versus Trinidad and 1 versus El Salvador almost all his goals were versus little Caribbean teams. He failed two WCQ.

Kervens is similar to Maurice. He did score against a couple top teams in friendly games but that was before he turned 20.

Jeff, Norde are the worst scorers among the guys who have played in a forward position recently.

Finally, if I were to rank past and present strikers I would have Sanon, Peguero, Nazon, Golman, Belfort, Maurice. I do not mean Nazon is better than Golman who was obviously a more powerful scorer. The difference as I said is that Golman did not stay long enough in the national team.

Last Edit: by 80.

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 2 months 3 weeks ago #260

Nazon lacks the penetration power of Sanon and Peguero. Sanon and Peguero were way faster. We almost never saw Sanon or Peguero having to stop to dribble a defender who is coming from behind because the defender was closing the gap. We saw defenders outrun Nazon before. In fact Nazon is probably one of the slowest guys in the current team. That being said, Nazon is progressing at a fast pace. He is never going to be as fast or powerful as Peguero and Sanon were but he compensates his slowness with a good doses of dribbling skills and his own shooting power is decent. We don't know if what were seeing of Nazon is his prime but if he progresses just a bit more, we may soon be celebrating another Sanon in the team.

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 2 weeks 5 days ago #273

The Caribbean Cup is officially gone

http://rjrnewsonline.com/sports/concacaf-nations-league-to-replace-carib-cup

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 5 days 23 hours ago #292

Pandan ke Nazon ap fe bell bagay en engleterre nan 3eme divizion mwen ta renmen nou cheke yon ti jamayikan yo rele Leon Bailey jwet sa fem pe pou haiti leu nou ap jwe avek jamayikan yo Leon Bailey se yon jwet pou nou sureveille misye jwe nan première divizion nan Bundesliga e konye pou collât ta komanse cherche yon formule pou Piti sa si se pa sa jamayik fink kare komanse bat nou .

Haiti to play League of Nations in 2018 5 days 19 hours ago #293

When is this league of nation cup begins ..? after the world cup I am assuming or before?

Moderators: Tini_man

Welcome to the HAITI SPORTS FORUM, the main discussion board for Haitian supporters. We encourage respectful interactions between our members. Please refrain from posting inappropriate materials or/and languages.

If you have not yet registered, we encourage you to do so now. It is free and fast. You will only need to have a valid email address to receive the activation link. We may delete your account if your email looks weird.

You can help keep this forum running by supporting us with small donations. However, we do not require that our members make donations. Membership is free.

More Links

Forum Links