Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All news and discussions related to Haitian football.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 6 days ago #268

• HS Contributor
  • HS Contributor's Avatar Topic Author

Haiti shocked Canada with an early goal to grab the last ticket to the Women's U-20 World Cup. Sherly Jeudy led a stunning strike in the 18 minutes by running though two Canadian defenders before delivering a beautiful and powerful kick to give the Grenadiers the lead. Despite a resurgence of Canada in the second half and the multitude strikes led by the desperate Jordyn Huitema, Canada's dangerous striker, the Grenadier girls held their ground and remained disciplined for the win. With this victory, Haiti becomes the first Caribbean team to qualify for a women's U-20 world cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_-MTeHwMs

Earlier in the tournament Canada routed Haiti 4-0 at the group stage level to finish ahead of the Caribbean team. However, Haiti outfoxed Canada by playing its bench allowing the starters to rest for the qualifying games. Haiti expected to meet Canada again in a more meaningful game. The strategy confused the Canadians who expected another easy game for the last berth to the World Cup. 

This is the first time in CONCACAF a team not name USA, Canada, Mexico, or Costa Rica is qualified for the Women's U-20 World Cup. However, this qualification will have a special meaning to Nerilia Mondesir, the team's top scorer, who actually plays for Montpellier in France, the host of the 2018 World Cup. Nerigoal as she is known to her numerous supporters will have the opportunity to showcase her goal scoring abilities in a very familiar environment.

This qualification is Haiti's third trip to a world cup. The men's senior national team went to the world cup in 1974 while the men's U-17 repeated the feat in 2007. Sherly's lone goal is Haiti'sticket to the women's U-20 World Cup.

The victory is the first of Haiti over a North American team and Sherly Jeudy's goal is the first Haitian player to ever score versus Canada in a U-20 women's tournament. However, there was no doubt that this current Haitian team was a World Cup level team and the opponents were well aware of that. Besides Canada, Haiti also eliminated Costa Rica and came close to upset USA.

Read article...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 5 days ago #271

Welcome back Haitisports!

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 4 days ago #274

I was so sad to see HS taken offline. This is what we have. Every nation has a reference website for their foot. To me HS is our main site. Don't take it down, guys.

Congrats to the girls. You girls made all of us proud.

BTW, this is a clear example of how to build a winning team. The majority of those girls are from the local women league and most of them from a club in Croix des Bouquets. What made them stand out? Good coach and enough playing time together. This team strength is clearly its fitness and togetherness.

Good job FHF on this one. Learn from it and keep up the good job.

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 4 days ago #275

This goal, I cannot take it off my mind. Such a beautiful play. Don't know about you guys, I am in love with the girls.

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 4 days ago #278

Yes indeed. This team has been together as U-15 teams. They lost to Canada in Cayman Island in a Penalty shoot out and came back as a u-17 team team to beat Canada 2-1 and lost a close 1-0 to the US now back as U-20 to beat Canada 1-0. Playing together at the ranch and staying together does in fact pay off.

Group A U-17 Concacaf final
Nicaragua (HOST)
Mexico
Haiti
Puerto Rico

Group B
USA
Canada
Costa Rica
Bermuda

First match(es) will be played on 20 April 2018. Source: CONCACAF
Rules for classification: Group stage tiebreakers
20 April 2018
17:30
Canada v Bermuda
Nicaragua National Football Stadium, Managua
20 April 2018
20:00
United States v Costa Rica
22 April 2018
Costa Rica v Canada
22 April 2018
United States v Bermuda
24 April 2018
Costa Rica v Bermuda
24 April 2018
United States v Canada
Knockout stage[edit]
Bracket[edit]

Semi-finals Final

27 April – Managua

Winner Group B

29 April – Managua

Runner-up Group A

Winner SF1

27 April – Managua

Winner SF2

Winner Group A

Runner-up Group B

Third place

29 April – Managua

Loser SF1

Loser SF2

Last Edit: by Tini_man.

Haiti qualifies for 2018 Women's World Cup 2 weeks 3 days ago #279

Fckng Haiti Sports leaving us dry on our biggest success in years :D Way to ruin it all, guys. In regard to the U-17, I am sure the big teams will be careful when playing them. I think we may have a chance to make it 2 to 2 with the u20 and the u17.

Last Edit: by Boubounay .
  • Page:
Moderators: Tini_man

Welcome to the HAITI SPORTS FORUM, the main discussion board for Haitian supporters. We encourage respectful interactions between our members. Please refrain from posting inappropriate materials or/and languages.

If you have not yet registered, we encourage you to do so now. It is free and fast. You will only need to have a valid email address to receive the activation link. We may delete your account if your email looks weird.

You can help keep this forum running by supporting us with small donations. However, we do not require that our members make donations. Membership is free.

More Links

Forum Links